Friday, August 20, 2010

Peach Pie

Today I made a peach pie.  I am not a baker or pie maker but occasionally the urge will hit me to make something.  I saw peaches on sale at Winco earlier this week and got some to try to remake a peach pie that my mom made when I was a kid.  I have thought of this pie often over the years and have longed to replicate it.  So today was the day to attempt this.  My peaches were ripe and we are heading out of town to go camping and I knew my peaches wouldn't wait for me.  This headache I have been nursing was at its friendliest level so I decided to go for it.  I knew my energy level wasn't up for making the crust so I used a store bought crust and bought a puff pastry for the top.

It was simple to make especially when I had Emma to help me.  The problem came when we went to eat it. The peaches had a really metallic taste to them and I couldn't even eat the peaches.  I didn't let the whip cream or crust go to waste however.

Even though it didn't turn out how I anticipated it I am glad that I got to spend some time with Emma in the kitchen.

No comments: