Monday, June 1, 2009

Great Soup!

I made this soup the other day. It is so stinkin' tasty I can't believe I made it. You have to try it! I am looking forward to making this for company.

4 cups of prepared tomato soup, natural or organic, no or low sodium
2 cups of broccoli florets
2 cups of prepared carrot soup
1 cup of chopped onions
4 cans of beans (you can use your favorite) I used white kidney, red kidney, and red beans
3 fresh tomatos chopped
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 bunch of fresh basil chopped
1/2 cup of raw cashews nuts
1 teaspoon of olive oil


Directions
In a large soup pot saute onions until golden. Combine all the ingredients except cashews.

Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes
Blend in a blender 1/4 or cooked soup with most of the cashew nuts and add back into the soup.

Serve with a sprinkling of raw cashews on top. Yummers!!!

1 comment:

OnlyByHisGrace said...

That sounds wonderful! I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing it. :)