Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Study of Bugs Comes to Life

We have been learning about bugs for sometime now. The girls are fascinated by them. Yesterday, we had a day in homeschooling that didn't go too well. So I decided that we needed to get out of the house and go on a bug walk. Our goal was to find a chrysalis (a butterfly cocoon). We didn't find any butterfly cocoons but we found a yellow jacket nest. They swarmed us and burrowed in our clothes biting and stinging Melanie. Melanie had about 10 stings and Emma got one on the back of her neck. Melanie who has struggled being overcome by fear of pain was completely overtaken. We walked beating off the bee's for more than a block when Jason arrived in his truck to whisk the kids away. I believe God allowed Melanie to face one of her greatest fears to show her that she won't die but in the midst of the trauma He is with her and can help her. She is still struggling with the emotions and fear of yesterday. So I would like to ask if you could join in prayer with me in praying that Melanie won't live her life being held captive by her fears but would allow God to show her His grace.

These are pictures of Melanie right after the attack with her baking soda paste on her stings.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh Anggi, I didn't realize it was so bad :(
I can't imagine the kind of fear that was going through her... I would have been sobbing.
I am praying for her.