Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cinnomen Roll Casserole and other random things

This picture has nothing to do with the cassarole but I loved how her eyes seemed to jump out off of the page.
Earlier in the week the girls and I made bread. We made one special loaf of cinnamon swirl bread that we planned on making french toast with. This morning we started to make the french toast and slicing up the bread when I found that it wasn't holding together well. So we decided to improvise and make something else out of the ingredients we had. A few years ago at a church breakfast we had a casserole out of bread and eggs. So we tried to make it. We just cut up the bread into smaller pieces, added eggs, cinnamon, salt, a little sugar and baked it forever. We were all pleasantly surprised that it turned out tasty.

I pulled down the curtains in our dining room to wash them, it was way overdue. I also needed to mend them because they were about an inch too long. I made a mistake and hemmed them up 4 inches which looked ridiculous. So I had to trade the curtains for a set in the living room that hang behind a couch and won't show how short they are. Now I have to wash, iron, and hem a second set of curtains. Ahh, I am always making more work for myself. It is a good thing because I realized that Mel and Meg hadn't really ever ironed before and they need to know how in their sewing so they helped me iron the first set of curtains.
This is another random picture that I loved and wanted to share with you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That looks so yummy! And I love that picture of you and Emma in the kitchen. And... I love all candids of the kiddos. I think that one of Mel reading is such a treasure.