Monday, October 20, 2008

Long Weekend

This weekend was really long. I attended a homeschool seminar Friday night and all day Saturday. Jason watched the kids and prepared his sermon. Sunday, right before Jason went up to preach the fire alarm went off. I did a little inward panic and ran to the nursery. I had sent Emma by herself to the nursery so I wouldn't miss hearing Jason again. I panicked because I thought that somehow Emma might have been the one to pull the fire alarm. The funny thing is that Bonnie, Jason's mom had volunteered to take her to the nursery but I had forgotten in the hustle and bustle of the sanctuary emptying. I turned out that the janitor tripped the alarm by accident.

Everyone seemed to wake up tired this morning and not a 100%. So I thought we would do more activity based learning today instead of our normal routine. So I decided to make a double batch of bread and let the girls help me roll it into loaves when they woke up. We watched a science video, played a counting game (seen in the photo's), and practiced 'keeping' our home. Buddy had a hard time with the counting game because the pieces were chocolate chips. Later I switched to noodles. Can you believe it they ate the dry noodles too!

Monday's always seem extra long waiting for swimming class to come in the evenings and we are recovering from the weekend. I am looking forward to a normal school day tomorrow but am grateful for the break from our regular routine.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I would have had a heart attack about the fire drill... it would have been the first thing that came to mind too (where is Caleb LOL)!

I love that they ate the dry noodles... too funny!

Erin said...

I miss you.

Molly said...

My first thought would have been that it was one of my kids that pulled the alarm too. Too Funny!