Thursday, June 5, 2008

What I Am Reading

I am reading Instrument in the Redeemer's Hands. The subtitle of the book is, People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change.

I have long been perplexed on how I can be of service to God in someones life when I don't have it all figured out yet. I feel like a building under major construction with saw dust piles everywhere. I have been concerned for the safety of those who come on my work sight. I don't want to hurt them in my ignorance or immaturity. I have wrongly thought that someone may look to me for hope or the answers. My goal and aim should be to point to Christ. God will never be finished working on this building until we reach those pearly gates, however, what a wonderful opportunity to show people the way the Master Carpenter works but being vulnerable and showing them how HE works in us.

I started this blog wanted to give a short plug for the book that has spurred me on but instead I have shared something a bit different. I guess that is the way most of my conversations goes doesn't it. Anyway, it is a good book by Paul David Tripp and I highly recommend it.

I am writing this late at night so if I don't make sense please forgive me. Love you all.

Anggi

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOVE the way you described this... you have a gift with imagery!

And it's so true... I always hesitate to say anything to anyone about spiritual stuff for fear that they will think I am not worthy or hypocritical. Your post is a good reminder about what my focus should be in situations like that.