Monday, November 10, 2008

Playdough

Some of my earliest memories are playing playdough at the kitchen table. I have always loved playdough and making new creatures but I hate how much it costs and it irks me when the colors get mixed together. My friend Alison from church has been making playdough for the nursery for a long time. The kids have really enjoyed playing with it so I finally asked Alison for her recipe. She brought it to church yesterday and the girls and I made it this morning. We pulled out cookie cutters and our playdough toys.
Even the big girls are having a blast creating.
What is so cool about this recipe is that you can use coolaid for coloring and for scent. We used Lemon-Lime coolaid this morning. We are already planning our next colors and scents. I thought that you might want to try it as well so here is the recipe.

Playdough

1 cup of flour
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of salt
2 tsp of cream of tartar
food coloring or a package of coolaid

Mix all of the ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat, stiring constantly until a ball forms. Knead until smooth. (I cheated and used my Kitchen Aid Mixer)

This recipe felt like it took no time at all and was really easy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How funny, I just made this two nights ago (same recipe). Ours was purple.

Anggi said...

Did you use Koolaid?