Monday, November 10, 2008

Graham Crappers

Yep, that is how my kids pronounce graham crackers, 'Graham Crappers'. I know I should correct them but it is so funny I haven't brought myself to bring attention to it yet. I am kind of waiting until Jason hears them say it so he can hear how funny it sounds.


I was so excited about making them for the first time I had everyone come look when I started to cut them out. Jason had the idea of writing their names on crackers. They are really good but don't remind me of graham crackers I buy in the store.

Tami I wanted to let you know that I finally made them off of the recipe from your blog.When I went to a homeschooling seminar recently I was told that there are free websites that make word searches out of customized lists. I found one this morning and entered the girls spelling words. They really liked it but I think I will try a few more sites. This one was hard to find words diagonally because of the extra space they had between rows. I am always looking for something to make learning more fun. Please feel free to let me know if you have any tips.

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a good idea to put their names in the crackers!! I'm glad you liked them! I agree, they are nothing like the store bought kind. Matt likes them better. I haven't made them in quite awhile. Let me know the website for the spelling words. That's a great idea to do!

Anggi said...

I went back and made a fun one with all the family members names, nicknames, pets, and other words that mean something to our family. The girls loved it and so did Jason. They only got to do a couple before bedtime last night and they had to save the rest for a warm up for school. I would like to find more free websites for maybe cross words and other puzzles. It is good for their brains and mine too for that matter.

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch/