Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emma's Un-Birthday Party


Emma's party went off without a hitch. She invited everyone she saw from the moment we told her she was going to have her much awaited UN-Birthday party. We played a couple of games. One of them was blowing marshmallow's with cereal straws down the length of the table. Then they all ate their games pieces, so much fun. We also had a scavenger hunt at the end of the hunt they ended up in the living room and the adults sprayed the kids with silly spray. Their treasure was their gift bags and in the bags Emma chose bling teeth, candy, and princess jewelry, lovely I know. Because this wasn't the traditional Birthday party we were only going to invite two little girls from church and have lunch with their family. But sometimes parties tend to grow and have a life of their own. She ended up having all of her cousins, all of her grandparents, and her two friends from church. It didn't turn out the way we planned it was so much better. The pressure was off of me that I normally have when I am planning a party or holiday. Because this was 'pretend' in my mind I was able to relax and go with the flow much better than I normally do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to be relaxed.