Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chocolate Mint Cake

These are the ingredients that I use to make the Chocolate Mint Cake that my kids and care group really enjoy.
This recipe is on the back of the Triple Chocolate cake mix by Betty Crocker.
This is what it looks like after you bake it, let it cool for 15 minutes, and put the white chocolate-peppermint pudding on top. (You add a 1/4 tsp of peppermint oil to the pudding as you make it.)This is my addition to the recipe. You are supposed to add a 1/4 tsp. of peppermint oil to the frosting. I found that if you also add a small container of cool whip to the frosting it is much so better and tastes like you made it from scratch.
I forgot to get the peppermint patties at the store this time to sprinkle on the top but I think it is still good without it. This recipe is one of my favorites because mint and chocolate are my two favorite sweet flavors.

note: I have looked for the white chocolate pudding mix for months and never found it until I went to super Wal-Mart. enjoy

3 comments:

Molly said...

I love mint and chocolate! Cake looks super yummy too Anggi. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Looks delicious! Can't wait to try it myself!

Stephanie said...

Oh my that looks good!