Friday, February 6, 2009

Laundry Game

I am always praying for fresh idea's to excite the kids about keeping our home. A couple of weeks ago the kids were tense and needing direction. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the 3 or 4 loads of laundry that needed folding. Suddenly I had an idea. We dumped the laundry out of the baskets onto the couch and cleared the coffee table. I told the girls I would shout out a type of clothing or color and when I said go they were to fold it as fast as they could and try to find as many other like items until they were all gone. Now the catch is they get points only for items that have been folded properly. At the end of each round I inspect the folded clothes and award points. At the end of the game whoever had the best sportsmanship gets an extra 5 points. Recently, I have started keeping a prize bowl for occasions such as these. So whoever won this load of laundry gets to get a prize, usually a new pencil, eraser, or stickers. The kids have been having a good attitude about laundry and now the quality of folding has drastically improved. I love it when He helps me with ideas.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Anggi I LOVE this idea! I love the prize bowl too, that is a great idea!

Erin said...

WAy to go creative Mommy!