Monday, December 22, 2008

11 inches and counting

I am tempted to stress, fret, become irritable, and not enjoy this time being snowed in. The thoughts of the Christmas presents I am unable to buy and the errands I am unable to make do to the snow threaten to overtake my heart with worry and doubt. Then, my eyes glance out the window at His amazing splendor that He has graced us with and I feel a blanket of peace. When things are so completely beyond my control I am reminded of the time we were moving into our travel trailer. Well, actually I can't remember all the details but I remember the feeling I had. I was so overwhelmed with the enormity of our troubles. A portion of what was happen was Emma, (who was 4 months old or was it 7 months old), got attacked by enormous inch long flying ants and around the same time she chocked on a quarter. I realized that HE has all things in his hands. He uses huge things like 11 inches of snow and flying ants to remind me He has a purpose for ALL things and that purpose is to bring Him glory. It may take me awhile to understand His purpose and sometimes I don't think I will ever understand somethings but it isn't for me to know. I am learning to trust the creator of ALL things.

No comments: