Monday, April 21, 2008

Where is my hope?

This is the first entry into my new blog. I am excited to let you know about the quirks of my life, the things I experience, and the steps that I take in my walk with my Lord Jesus Christ.

My husband Jason and I just put an offer in on a house today. This will be the first house for us. We have been married 11 years and have 4 beautiful kids. Having a home feels like a long time coming but I know that I would have never appreciated it as much as we do now with out all the steps that have lead up to now.

Jason and I spent most of our first year of marriage living on a cargo ship. Then we have gone from living with family, to tiny apartments, to military housing, and recently we lived a year and half in a 28 foot travel trailer. So having a home has become a dream that we have honestly wondered if we would experience on this earth.

We are trying to buy a home that is going through the process of foreclosure so we have been told it could take up to 30 days for the bank that owns the home to tell us if they will accept, counter, or reject our offer. So we need to remind ourselves that if this the house God wants us to have He will provide it.

So now we wait. Last week we put an offer on a different house that fell through. But during that process of waiting for the reply our daughter would say, "I hope we get the house". This was a thought I was thinking myself because I loved how spacious and new it was. However, when I heard her say, "I hope we get the house", I heard something I couldn't hear in myself. I heard her hoping in the house and not hoping in the Lord. So we talked about how we must always put our hope in Jesus not in things. It was very disappointing when that house fell through but we are learning that houses aren't worth our hope but He is. So now as we wait for possibly 30 days for this reply and we must, I must continue to remember to my HOPE in the Lord.

Thank you for reading my first blog. Talk to you soon.
Anggi

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO glad you are blogging!!! I think this is a great way to keep everyone updated on your house and life :)

Love you and am praying for you and the house... by the way, I totally think we should do 4th of July at your house this year, your yard is going to be amazing!!!

Anggi said...

If we left the paint the way it is we would look like the most patriotic house on the block! I think your idea is great. I would love to host the 4th of July party.

Erin said...

Beautifully said Ang. I am so happy that you are blogging too. :)

Tami said...

Thank you Anggi for reminding me who to put my hope in!! You put it so beautifully.
I'm so glad you are blogging now too! I love hearing your testimonies!

Molly said...

Anggi when I found your comment on my blog I clicked your picture and was excited to see your blog. I can't wait to read more.