Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just a few years ago...

Jason and I sailed away to an unknown land just weeks after we were married. We had no money, no possessions, no education, and no job experience, and truth be told we no prospects for any of those things. We were serving the Lord and ready for an adventure! What an adventure that would be!!!

For years I have felt the sting of the painful things that happened during that period of our life. I have worked towards healing and forgiveness. I came to a place where I felt that I was whole as I was going to be until we are with Jesus. But just recently I found some old friends on facebook with pictures of our time in Honduras that reminded me that it wasn't all suffering and painful. It is amazing to me that I have forgotten some really truly wonderful things because I had allowed pain to blind me and cause me to forget the good. The pain and suffering was real but so were the good times. My inabilaty to see this causes me to want to examin other area's of my life that I have seen as full of suffering and pain so I can see the good too!

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a neat reflection and how fun to look at old pictures! I love that picture of you two! Yes, why do we always hold so tightly to the painful things. I think this is why journals are so important. Just wish I could remember to write or blog in one!