Friday, September 3, 2010

Dilemma's


I saw this fabric at the fabric store earlier in the week but didn't purchase it because I couldn't decide what I use it for.  I am practical like that.  I haven't been able to get these cute little chubby children out of my mind but for the life of me I couldn't think of what to do with it.  This afternoon my mom stopped by to pick up Emma for the night and asked me if I wanted to go with her back to the fabric store but I still had no creative spark.  Over an hour later I felt like I got hit with a brick when I realized I could make a bag/diaper bag out of it.  I am not sure what type of fabric it is exactly because I found it in the remnant bin with all of the canvas and upholstery material but it isn't quite that heavy but sturdy enough to make a bag.  I happened to figure this out at the right time because my mom was able to swing over to my house after she had run some errands and take me with her to the fabric store during it sale.  It was still there probably because I had stuck it in the bottom of the pile hoping no one would find it while I got my creative juices flowing.  I was also able to find a contrasting fabric to line it with but now I am stuck with another creative dilemma.  What kind of bag should I make?  How big should it be?  How many pockets?  Who should it be for?  It sure is hard to think creatively when you have a 23 day headache and are on pain meds and steroids.  I am wondering if I should hold off doing anything with it until my mind is clear again.  But that doesn't help keep my hands busy and I am wanting a project right now while I don't feel good.  Dilemma's dilemma's.  

No comments: