Sunday, July 25, 2010

Recognizing His Grace in a BBQ


I took a step back from writing for a long time.  I kept hoping I would be able to write again but each time I have approached it I have sensed, ‘no not time yet’.  Well, I am not hearing that right now but...I am not hearing, ‘go for it’, either.  So, if this is the only blog for a while you’ll know why.  Here goes.


God has been working deeply in me for some time now.  I have had to take a step back to give God time to work.  Over a year ago I started to experience some physical problems that seemed to be very serious.  After many Dr. visits and testing it came to that I have a problem in my heart.  Not my physical one but my spiritual one.  I had some real misconceptions of God and what He expected of me. 

After this long year I have continually sensed Him impressing on my heart that I need to rest in Him and stop striving for His acceptance because I already have it.  I am so grateful to be loved inside and out.  I feel I am freer to live.  I am not as bound up inside myself as I once was.  I am finding that I am doing a lot more living.  In fact today I found myself inviting the entire church to a BBQ at a park in two days.  Wow, now that is living!  I am so grateful that God takes His time and does things well.  Along the way I would have loved to have rushed Him along but now I am beginning to see what kind of workmanship God does.  He is a true craftsman; He knows what He is doing!!!! 


1 comment:

Christina said...

I am so happy to see you blogging, even if it is not meant to last long! I know this last year has been difficult, but thank you for being so humble and open to hear God's truth. Thank you also for sharing it with us!